This waterproof headset with hat/cap pieces are to be installed into your own hat. These are offered for customers who wish to use their own team or company hat. The boom microphone is 100% waterproof and can be submerged in the water.
You are required to sew these pieces onto your own hat.
To be used with our BbTALKIN units. You plug the headset’s 3.5mm audio jack directly into your unit for communication.
- Use fresh water to wash all of the headset.
- Make sure to rinse the microphone and speaker piece.
- DO NOT use high pressure spray.
- It is best to submerge in a bucket of fresh water for a through wash.
- Hang to dry in a well ventilated climate controlled (a/c) environment.
- Over time, the male 3.5 jack on the headset may become corroded. (dull in color) Make sure to keep this clean by a cloth or scotch bright. Do not use any cleaning solution.
If using in salt water, you must fresh water rinse. Failure to do so can cause corrosion and product failure.
1. Sew the pieces in the appropriate locations onto your own hat.
2. Secure the boom microphone onto your hat. We recommend securing the boom microphone onto your hat in some fashion. If you are using this during extreme sports, you will need to secure the boom microphone in case of hard impacts.
3. Plug in the boom microphone’s 3.5mm audio cable. Make sure the cable is tight and secure. Failure to do so will cause water intrusion into the casing. Any water damage to the unit within the casing is not covered under warranty.