Completely Waterproof IPX7
Two way waterproof communication package with our new Bb 3.0 Standard Units. This package has everything you need for two people to communicate, each wearing a surf hat.
** Our Standard Units cannot connect to our Advance Units.
Our surf hat is a one size fits all with adjustable elastic cord. May not fit customer’s with an XL head. We recommend the baseball cap as an alternative for customer’s who need a larger fit.
The headset on the surf hat is our boom microphone, both the microphone and speaker piece can be submerged in water. The design of the boom microphone allows the flexibility to change out either the microphone piece or speaker piece if it becomes damaged over time.
You can add our foam ear pads to your surf hat. Since they come in a set of two, both surf hats in this package can be equipped with these pads. They are installed by Velcro and removeable. When you add these pads to your surf hat, they help keep the volume constant. When you set your student up out of the water, once they are in the water and riding, the outside noise interference is less.
- Link to printable instructions on how to install onto your surf hats
- Online Instruction:
- Use fresh water to wash all of the headset.
- Make sure to rinse the microphone and speaker piece.
- DO NOT use high pressure spray.
- It is best to submerge in a bucket of fresh water for a through wash.
- Hang to dry in a well ventilated climate controlled (a/c) environment.
- Over time, the male 3.5 jack on the headset may become corroded. (dull in color) Make sure to keep this clean by a cloth or scotch bright. Do not use any cleaning solution.
If using in salt water, you must fresh water rinse. Failure to do so can cause corrosion and product failure.
1.Install the plastic clip mount onto the hat. (Mount comes with Advance Unit set)
Separate the Velcro, install the bottom forks first then the top forks. Make sure the mounting spaces are on the top.
2. Install the two tabs on the waterproof case into the mounting spaces on the plastic mount. Snap one side down, then the other side down to lock in the case. Make sure both sides of the waterproof case are securely locked into the mount.
3. Plug in the boom microphone’s 3.5mm audio cable. Make sure the cable is tight and secure. Failure to do so will cause water intrusion into the casing. Any water damage to the unit within the casing is not covered under warranty.
4. Make sure after each use that your case is secure and sealed.